Wednesday, 12 August 2015

More Freelance Work and Photography :/

In order to become more successful as an artist, I need to hone my skills. So therefor I will briefly take a break from creating stuff purely from the computer and take on another profession: Photography.

My friend and colleague Dom has kindly lent me his DSLR while he is away for six months - saying that I will need it for filming and doing promotional work for Malawolf Productions (the company I am currently doing work for).

This presents an excellent opportunity to experiment and learn. I have taken up a small job of taking promotional photographs for my friend's band TWSS for their upcoming second EP launch. So I have to learn to be a photographer, mastering the basics, in less than a fortnight. Yeah, yeah I know all you photography nerds out there are going to be like "Oh, you cant just simply pick up a camera and be a photographer."

Well, maybe you're right. But as Kamina from Gurren Lagann would always say:
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible".

One of my most favorite and motivational quotes, and that came from an anime character. But that's beside the point: I am quite aware it can be a bit overwhelming at first. But once I get the basics down (aperture, shutter and exposure), which mind you wont take very long, the job will be a walk in the park. And I already have some ideas floating around to make use of my emerging photography skills. Even if I screw it up (which I am completely and fully determined that I won't), its all a learning experience. Failure is proof that I am making the effort.

Stay tuned :) time to play around with a camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment